Thursday, February 18, 2010

okay, I do have a post.



It's a crisp and clear Winter night in Georgia. I am pretty sure it's warmer in Seattle than in Georgia. We need to start calling the phenomena Climate Change, not the other. But, I digress. The crisp clear sky has allowed an amazing view of the moon. You know when it's a crescent moon, but it's so bright you can see all of the moon. It's transfixing. When I look at the moon, I realize that all of you out there can see it to. And, just maybe we see it at the same time and are connected.

You just can't get a good picture of the moon with an iphone.



Also, Orion's belt has been right over our house for the past couple of weeks. I always wonder what those sights are supposed to suggest to me. Perhaps, it's a link to all of mankind throughout the ages. Perhaps, it's just nature in all it's glory. Perhaps, I should quit trying to wax poetically.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Are you sure it isn't a full moon? The number of students I saw for discipline today makes me think so...

tonya said...

Jim-- this is lovely. And I agree about the moon helping me feel connected. I remember very strongly being in New Zealand and feeling really far away and just looking at that moon and thinking "all the people I love are looking at the same moon" and somehow I didn't feel so lonely. Thanks for the post.

Jim Wilson said...

When were you in New Zealand? I don't remember you going there. Was it for work.