Sunday, December 5, 2010

Fruitcake - The Tradition Continues


I am in the process of making fruitcake today. It was a tradition in our household. In the last few years I always made the fruitcake under the direction of my mom. Last year was my first year on my own. This year I'm a bit late, but decided it was important to continue the tradition. Never a big fan of fruitcake myself as a kid, I have acquired a taste for it, and look forward to both giving fruitcake to others that enjoy it, and indulging in some myself.

Here is a picture of the fruit before being added to the cake.

3 comments:

Monna said...

Tonya,
I have not made fruitcake in years. When I did I used my Grandma Dorothy's recipe. I always gave some to my dad and a couple of friends who liked it. Georgean usually makes it now. I would be honored if you sent a small portion to me.

Jim Wilson said...

It looks yummy.

Bob said...

Monna - I will send you some. I am planning on two batches this year because it actually is a hot commodity :)