Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Exciting Day in Fargo

Today was an exciting day in Fargo. Microsoft broke ground for a 3rd building on the Microsoft Fargo campus. This building will add more than 150,000 square feet to the campus, and will be heated by geothermal wells (as our other buildings are as well). This is very exciting for us and keeps us in line as the third largest Microsoft campus in North American after Redmond and Silicon Valley. Yeah, sure, you betcha!!

They must have decided to expand based on our new city slogan "Always Warm!"...

5 comments:

Jim Wilson said...

That is very exciting. Especially the geothermal walls. How does that work? It's nice to see Microsoft investing in the US.

It must have been some Bosnian that came up with that slogan!

Unknown said...

I guess that means they won't be relocating you to San Jose. I have selfishly been wishing for that. :) Yay for more Microsoft in Fargo.

tonya said...

I'm not sure on all the technecalities around the wells. I just know they are really deep. I'll have to ask Bob.

I'm sure that it was a Bosnian that came up with that crazy slogan. Something like "no matter how cold and wet you are, you are always warm and dry"

Lara, thanks for saying that you'd like to have me close by, but you know I love winter, and am a small town kid at heart. I can't take that traffic!!

Jim Wilson said...

So, when are you lovely ladies going to come and visit!

JillR said...

Very exciting! Microsoft has a habit of buying up property and/or leasing space here on the "east side" of Seattle. Every where you go there is a new Microsoft building. They are taking over. :-) However, I am pleased by the recent move to offer free wi-fi enabled shuttle buses from Seattle to Redmond for employees, now that is innovative thinking.