Sunday, February 18, 2007

No Jello Shots Here!


It sounds like you guys are having way too much fun in Fargo!! :) The Storms and the Blubaughs are having a winter fun trip this weekend, too. We are in Lee Vining (near Mammoth) in the Eastern Sierras hanging out. Rick attended two days of ice climbing school (which he loved!) and I hung out with my parents, who drove up to meet us. Today while Rick was climbing we visited Mono Lake to see the Tufas. Tufas are alkaline "corals." Mono Lake has quite a fascinating history...Wikipedia does a nice job if you are interested. My mom practiced using her new SLR camera and took some great shots. After Mono Lake we headed up a few thousand feet to enjoy a snowfall. She took more pictures, the dogs rolled around in the snow and we had a great time. Tomorrow we head home and back to work on Tuesday. I included a picture of Mono Lake and the Tufas. I'm sure Effie will be emailing out the 150 pictures (no joke) she took when she gets back home. Hope everyone had a great holiday weekend!

3 comments:

Jim Wilson said...

Very nice. I read some of the Wikipedia entry. Mono Lake sounds like a fascinating place.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mono_lake

tonya said...

Beatiful picture. How fun for all of you.

Jim Wilson said...

We need a photo from the North Slope. I'll send Donald an email.