Friday, April 4, 2008

April four post two


Joe-lean, the office cat's medical condition.

The good news is that Joe-lean is down to 18.5 lbs. The bad news is that he has diabetes. We now have to give him an insulin injection twice a day. I have enlisted a care team at work so we'll share the responsibility. He gets two units twice a day. He also has a bladder infection and is on a course of antibiotics. Oh, and he has a mild case of gingivitis so Lorie, the intern whose ex-husband is a veterinarian, is now going to start brushing his teeth. He can now certainly hold his own in any conversation about medical problems. Southerners love to talk about their medical conditions. So, if you think your life is tough, just think of poor Joe-lean.

And, Tim Randall, you should be ashamed of yourself. I know what you are thinking!

6 comments:

Bob said...

Poor Joe-lean! Gosh, I thought I was having a string of bad luck with medical issues. It sure is good to see the office get together and help him feel better.

Effie said...

Joe-lean must be in his 60s because that's all we talk about at that age. ;-)

Jim Wilson said...

He probably is in cat years. I felt like such a mean person today; injecting him twice and forcing a pill down him. If you ever had tried to give a cat a pill, you know what I mean. On top of it, cat's hate it when you change their food. So, I am a rotten dad today!

BillsSundaySuppers said...

you are a great cat daddy! i am so sad about joe lean and hope he recovers. my parents loved him when he was our outdoor cat at home, and they were NOT cat people! joe just loved to hang out and climb his tree right off the side porch. he really liked to listen to trisha yearwood's "real live woman" cd. he was very lean then, not so much anymore...

JillR said...

Tim says if Jo-Lean could talk he would say "do a Kavorkian on me, I don't want you brushing my teeth".

Jim Wilson said...

Tim is so insensitive.