Monday, April 21, 2008

An update on Uncle Roger

Just wanted to update everyone that uncle Roger Christian is in the hospital in Grand Forks. He had back surgery last Wednesday that was supposed to be out patient. Apparently, after reacting to medication he was admitted to the hospital. By Friday was running a fever of 106 degrees and hallucinations. Friday was a touch-an-go night, although Saturday they were able to stabilize him a bit more. Theone and I drove up to Grand Forks this morning to visit a bit. He was still in ICU at that time, but he looked good and seemed to feel pretty well. He'd had a bit of another episode last night and it sounds as if they are running some blood cultures and awaiting results, but all-in-all believe it was all related to a reaction to the morphine he was given for the back surgery. I will keep everyone posted as I know more.

3 comments:

Jim Wilson said...

Thanks for the update. I'll keep him in my thoughts.

Monna said...

Thanks for the info Tonya.

JillR said...

Poor guy, 106 degree temperature! That sounds awful. I hope he gets better soon.