Wednesday, December 16, 2009

not our tree... but a holiday creation.



This has been an art project I have been working on for the past couple of months. The lighting in the picture is not the best, but you can get the idea of the scale. The wreath is made from magnolia leaves that I have gathered and then spray painted in metallic colors, copper, bronze, and silver. I then wired them each to a metal frame. I really like the way it turned out, but it was too time intensive to ever be repeated. I'll take a couple pictures of the tree and maybe get another shot of the wreath and post them later. Hope everyone is doing well.

5 comments:

Effie said...

That is really cool, Hans

Jim Wilson said...

I think it looks amazing. It looks like a lot of work.

Monna said...

Sounds like one of those Martha Stewart crafts, once you get started you wonder why? The end result is why. Beautiful.

BillsSundaySuppers said...

Nice work!

tonya said...

Wow Hans! I'm so impressed. I always have great intentions of creating...but never get to the doing.