Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Canton Government Changes

Tomorrow night, Jan 3, the new Mayor, Gene Hobgood, and new city councilman, Jack Goodwin, will be sworn in to office. Both of these candidate are from our neighborhood association and support responsible growth.

I usually don't share things until they are official, but I am proud to share the news that both Bill and I have been asked by the Mayor to serve on city committees. The appointments have to be approved by the council.

Jim - Planning and Zoning Commission for the City of Canton
Bill - Canton Development Authority and Variance Board of Appeals

We have voiced our opinion for over a year and a half about the state of things. Now, we will get a chance to do more that just bitch. I am excited.

I'll update when it becomes official.

3 comments:

Effie said...

Congratulations, Jim and Bill. I know you will serve Canton well.

tonya said...

Congratulations, I think! Some of those folks can be really tough so you guys take care of yourselves and one another!!
Have you seen "Charlie Wilson's War?"

Jim Wilson said...

Thanks. I can hardly wait to get into the fray!