Sunday, January 13, 2008

Happy Birthday Effie

Monna thought Jan 13 was your birthday. Hence, the ? Since no one corrected it, I will assume it's your birthday. Well, Happy Birthday. I am sure you know I have such great memories of the time I spent in International Falls and Rainy Lake with you and the rest of the Bernards. One summer when you worked at the stick factory I was also in Warroad. It was so cool having a older cousin that I could hang out with. I also remember visiting you in Duluth. You were so urban and hip.

Music has always been important to me. I associate Simon and Garfunkle with you as I remember listening to them at your house - on vinyl. Here's a little Simon and Garfunkle for you. Happy Birthday.

2 comments:

Effie said...

Thank you, Jim! How sweet of you to share your memories. I, too, remember the summer in Warroad visiting the cemetery (were we morbid?) and golfing! I remember you visiting in Duluth but I never felt hip. Glad you thought I was!

The song I associate with you is The Carpenters' (They Long to Be) Close to You. If I knew how to post it I would.

I'll try to send you this year's calendar.

Jim Wilson said...

Getting this year's calendar would be great. We had a minor delay in our holiday mailing. Everyone should have it soon!