Saturday, May 3, 2008

Southern Crazy on Parade!


So Jim and I went to the Derby Days party and fundraiser for the Cherokee Historical Society in Canton. We were a little cautious in our willingness to attend, but it was actually fun and kind of hilarious! There was a silent auction, which Jim outbid his arch nemesis, Patty Baker, and free flowing mint juleps and wine. That made the crowd a lot more entertaining! There was also a lot of politics going on in the crowd, and I just love that. The highlight of the evening was the "Parade of Hats!" Here's a photo of the ladies all lined up in their bonnets. The lady that won first place had a "Cosmopolitan" theme, as in the martini. A true theme the crowd could rally around...

2 comments:

Jim Wilson said...

Patty Baker is a narrow minded opportunist who needed a job so she ran for Cherokee County Clerk. She is part of the very right wing clique that runs the county. Although, I think that radical wing is losing favor. Anyway, Patty Baker, barred me from a Cherokee County Chamber of Commerce leadership program because of my "family" situation. No lie, I had a friend on the committee that chose people so I had inside information. Anyway, I was bound and determined to get her unseated this election. There are two things that will thwart that effort.

1. She's running unopposed.
2. I refuse to vote in the rethuglican primary.

But, I outbid her in the silent auction for two plants. A red horsenut tree and a Halesia tree. Take that Patty!

tonya said...

who cares if the horsenut tree or the Halesia even grow!! But, if the turned out to be press worthy that would really drive the knife in....