Sunday, June 15, 2008

Landscaping Saved by Elsie

I always plant large elephant ears in the front circle. They come up again each year, but I never have enough patience to wait. However, this year I couldn't find any locally which left the front circle terribly naked. Anyway, Elsie found some in Aiken. I picked them up yesterday and planted them today. Now, I can show my face again at the garden club. I actually don't belong to the garden club. Anyway, a big thanks to Elsie.


Here is before. I actually took this picture to show this strange "weed". I think it may be a walking onion. Anyway, the flower is kinda cool. I think I will treat it as a flower not a weed.



After

4 comments:

tonya said...

Yeah for Elsie! The front drive wouldn't be the same without elephant ears. My rhubarb plant looks nearly like those elephant ears. I can't keep up with it. We are eating rhubarb with everything. I might even have to make some rhubarb wine.

BillsSundaySuppers said...

tonya,

rhurbarb wine always makes me think of you!

(i think there's a country hit in there somewhere...)

Bob said...

Yes, that does look like an Egyptian Walking Onion. It sure walked a long ways!

Jim Wilson said...

Why does rhubarb wine make you think of Tonya?