Sunday, August 22, 2010

Theone's (Actually Aunt Sharon's) Ranch Dip - A very unhealthy but delicious habbit

Around our house I almost always have a tupperware of this in the fridge, or at least the ingredients on hand to whip up a batch.

Thanks to Gregg's oldest son Austen who forced me to actually recreate the recipe by measuring and writing it down. I thought I would pass it along.

I learned to make this dip with Grandma when I spent summers in International Falls. It was a great substitute for Top the Tater, and goes really well with carrots...but best with ruffles chips.

Theone's Ranch Dip
24 oz. light sour cream
1 Cup finally chopped onion
1 1/2 Cups mayonaise
2 tsp Dill
1 1/4 tsp Lowerys Seasoning Salt
1 1/4 tsp celery salt

5 comments:

Effie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Effie said...

This is actually Aunt Sharon's recipe with a little revision. I think it might be on the calendar somewhere as Arrington's Dip,

JillR said...

24 oz of sour cream! Sounds yummy. I love ranch dip.

Hans said...

I too have revised the dip. I cant imagine Grandma using light sourcream (or light anything for that matter)

tonya said...

A hell, life's too short to eat light sour cream I say!

Or maybe life's too short because of full-fat sour cream...not sure which it is....