Friday, August 10, 2007

Grandma Larson

Today is the anniversary of Dorothy Curtis Wilson Larson's birthday. If I am not mistaken, she would have been 100 years old today. I can't remember if she was born in 1906 or 07. Anyone remember?

She visited Bill and me a couple of times in Georgia. During one of her visits, she and I went and saw Titanic at Phipps Plaza theater. Afterwards, she talked about remembering her parents discussing its sinking in their living room in England. She also told Bill and me about climbing up in a tree at their house in England with a book to escape her brothers. Now, that's real history. During her last visit, she and I fried some Walleye that I had got from Rainy Lake. Her Walleye was always wonderful.

She was a powerful positive force in my life growing up. I spent a lot of time in the summer staying with her and Con, her second husband, in Warroad. I always stayed in the South bedroom that faced the river. That was a great old house and they were great people.

I have so many wonderful memories of her. She was truly one in a million. So, much love to her where ever she is now.

5 comments:

BillsSundaySuppers said...

DOT ROCKED!

Effie said...

Jim, I remember your grandma as such a positive person who was kind to everyone. I remember her beatiful old house with piles and piles of National Geographic magazines. It's wonderful that you have those memories.

Jim Wilson said...

Now that I think about it, I think she would have been 101 on the 10th.

Monna said...

Jim you are correct she was born in 1906. Great memories.

tonya said...

I too have very fond memories of Grandma. She was full of joy and wisdom. And always had a touch of that English class.