Saturday, July 5, 2008

Happy Day After

I hope you had a great 4th of July. We had a small gathering, but we still managed to have a blast. I gave up at about 2 am, but the party was still "a partying."

Several people around town asked us about our annual 4th of July party. We had to say that we weren't having a large one this year. I told Bill that we better have a big one next year or we will lose the local party buzz. So, plan on coming next year. It will be a big one. First one to commit gets the guest room.

The best part of the evening was when this song came on and everyone stopped and sang along. It was a moment to savor. The air was thick after a heavy thunderstorm. It was sublime. A gift from the Cicada King.



We were actually listening to Olivia Newton John's version, but I couldn't find it on youtube. The party was sort of a Lost in Translation party for me anyway. So this version is appropo.

6 comments:

BillsSundaySuppers said...

Jim has been converted.

Jim Wilson said...

No, I have not been converted. It is a good song.

BillsSundaySuppers said...

flawless.

tonya said...

The Omdahl's will attend....are we first and have dibs on the guest room?

BillsSundaySuppers said...

I think so! The guest room is all yours! I better start stocking up on the condiments now!

Bob said...

Hell yes, bring on the condiments! Especially garnish for martinis!