Sunday, April 22, 2007

Choo Choo part Deux

Back from Chattanooga. The show wasn't quite as good as last year. However, as always, Matt's work was great. He sold quite a few pieces.

Cheryl Toh, an artist from Seattle won best multi-media at the show. Her technique was encaustic wax. I appreciated her work, although I couldn't see owning it.

We had dinner at Table 2. I enjoyed it and my food was good. Others, well not so much. Also, it's really hard to find a cab in that town. We ended up at Lamar's eating fried chicken (really really good) at about 1 am.

This morning we went to Aretha Frankenstein's for breakfast. Rachel Ray (who I think is a little over exposed) featured it on one of her shows. The food was great. However, we waited an hour for a table and then 45 minutes for our food. I am sure Rachel Ray had a little better service. Overall, I am not sure I would go back to it. At least without eating first.

Back home today in time for the latest meeting on the East Main St issue. A new post on that tomorrow. In the mean time, a few pictures.





Matt's artwork


Millie Grant. Matt's fiance. They are getting married May 4th. Grant? Yes, she is Bill's second cousin. They met one Friday night at our house a couple of years ago.


Outside Aretha Frankensteins. Aretha did have some nice pipes!

3 comments:

tonya said...

Those are damn nice pipes! Can't hold a candel to ONJ's though.

BillsSundaySuppers said...

damn right TO! Now you're talking!!!

Jim Wilson said...

Oh, GAWD. Tonya, you have swallowed the Kook Aid.