Friday, April 13, 2007

Frog and Fatsia

I once read that frogs are an indicator of the environmental health of an area. They absorb toxins through their skin. As a result, they are one of the first species to suffer the effects of pollution. One of the teachers in the family can correct me if I am off base. Or, as mom used to say. Look it up. Google sure makes it easier to look things up these days. I will have to challenge myself to do that. But, I digress.

I am always excited when I see a frog in the garden, because I take it as a sign that the area is healthy. So, here's my little excitement for the day. Happy Friday the 13th.


3 comments:

tonya said...

What an awesome picture! How fun. We are finally having our first warm, sunny, spring day. Folks are out like animals released from the zoo.

No frogs yet for us.

JillR said...

Is anyone watching "Planet Earth" on the Discovery Channel? It's quite facinating. Last night's show was on the jungle and they had this really cool video of flying frogs. If you have Comcast cable and subscribe to On Demand you can watch it for free. I highly recommend watching the series. We are hooked.

Jim Wilson said...

Monna, Bill and I watched it last night. It was fascinating. I liked the elephants at the watering hole eating clay.