Friday, September 11, 2009

09/11/09

It's been eight years since that fateful day in 2001. The world has changed tremendously. In 1993/94 I was working in New York and lived about 10 blocks from the World Trade Center. I used to walk by it every day on my way to work. I was working at Chase Manhattan Bank right on Wall Street. GNA had a joint project with them. It was fun, glamorous and burned me out beyond belief. It was the one of the best years of my life and one of the worst as mom was dying.I spent 3 months living in a hotel right across the street from the towers. All of the memories and excitement of that year came back to me when the towers fell. At the same time, a tremendous sadness as our innocence was somehow lost. We now have an opportunity to get that spirit back as we climb out of the last eight years. In many ways, the attacked succeeded. However, I still believe hope will overcome cynicism if we all just work for the common good.

Here's to the average American. We can all get along if we want to.

Here's to abundance.

2 comments:

tonya said...

Amen, here is to abundance! The Universe is good to us and wants us/will us/calls us/invites us to be good to others...Remain hopeful, it is the best thing we have going for us.

Denise said...

Amen. We have to remain hopeful and create peace wherever we can.